Laughter is the best medicine on the shelf my Grandmother always used to way when I was little. I didn't realize how important it was until a couple months ago. A couple months ago was when my Grandma passed away. We were really close, our family went over to there house almost every weekend. We went fishing and apple picking and sledding and all sorts of things basically in there back yard. She got really sick and her kidneys and heart started failing. We knew it wasnt good and I lived in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. I went to school, came home, went to the hospital until 2 am slept and showered and went back to school again. I loved my Grandma.
After she passed away we had the largest funeral i think i have ever seen/been to. She was so loved throughout the community and that gave me a sort of O.K. feeling inside. While we were there people took turns walking up and saying what they wanted to say. When i got up there i told a really funny story about how i chased her with a snake when i was little and she screamed and ran and wasnt paying attention and she ran right off the dock into my dad and sister and they got pushed right into the lake along side her. Everyone was laughing, and thats when the stories started, as soon as i got off after my story people started telling other stories about how funny she was. Everyone was laughing at the memory of how completely amazing my grandma was.
People come together through laughter often, just like in this story. Her funeral was how she would have wanted it to be. I know shes in a better place now and God is really lucky to have such an amazing person along side him. LOVE YOU GRANDMA SEE YOU SOON
-Written in memory of Lillian Oium-
No comments:
Post a Comment